Wednesday, November 12, 2008
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language - does a computer language count?
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo's David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted (mine was drawn)
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - I have been to the bottom of the Eiffel Tower
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial - I have been to the Washington Monument though
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone .
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House - I visited outside the gate, does that count?
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone's life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Since I've been getting responses lately that I should post more stuff now that I'm posting, I thought I should point out that I do post on other sites quite regularly.
- Twitter. I'm on it at least 5 times a day, and check it more often than email or my RSS feeds. I post on it at least weekly.
- Tumblr. Right now it's what I post to the most (next to Posterous, see below), I may end up pointing my noisepark.net domain to it once I design a template for it.
- Facebook. If you ever find my status to be weird on Facebook, its because it comes from my tweets on Twitter. Either place will give my bizarre stream of ramblings. My tumblr blog should show up there as well, but the app for it is always broken. I am on Facebook at least twice a day. Those of my family that read this blog need to hang out on FB more because its like going to a family birthday party and seeing who's there and what their up to. I have 35 friends now, so its my one-stop-shop for seeing what's up with everybody.
- Posterous. Posterous is my new blog, its brand new and I like their approach, I can email my post, and have it send that same post to all my blogs simultaneously. So it's really a catch-all for all my favorite links that find. If its not on Facebook or Posterous, then it didn't happen. Posterous is where I like to bookmark sites and comment on them.
There, that's where I can be found. This blog is showing its age.
By the way, I hope all of you are reading this from a Feed Reader (RSS Aggregator) rather than from the website itself. If you don't know what it is, google "Google Reader" or visit http://www.newsgator.com
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
I've been using Posterous for a few days now, and really like a new feature they added that lets you post to your various blogs and stuff through email. Of course Blogger has had this for a while, but Posterous puts in all in one place. I'm gonna like this. And I just might post more on my blogs.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Though I may not actually have much to post here, I should at least make it known that I have not fallen off of the side of the earth. If I was a member of the Flat Earth Society I may have believed I had, but alas, the earth is round and here I am. As you can see, I can't even make a joke. Jill has much better delivery. The Flat Earth Society reference probably didn't even register as any sort of joke, as I'm sure you are re-reading what I wrote about falling off of the side of the earth (get it now?). Of course, now that I think of it, if I believed the earth was flat, then it wouldn't have a side I guess.
As for an update on what's happening, that puddle you see Lily jumping in below is still there. She is now much older and potty trained. And most of my goings on will be found on Facebook, Tumbler, or Twitter, since all three of them require very little effort on my part. I'm not quite ready to abandon this blog though. (Even though it has been abandoned for more than a year.
When I get around to writing an application that will post to all of my various sites, including noisepark.net and my other blogger account I might actually be motivated to post something.
While I'm here, I may as well post a picture.
I got a new MacBook, so Lily and I had some fun with PhotoBooth. I guess this picture is what she would look like if she were an anime character. I don't want to know what you think I look like.
So if you want to get a feel for what actually is happening in the day to day, you know where to find me...not here.